Using an External Editor
To open the file you are currently viewing in an external editor, select Edit > Advanced > Open in External Editor.
To use the external editor of your choice:
- Add the editor path to the PATH environment variable of your operating system.
- In Qt Creator select Tools > Options... > Environment > General.
- In External editor enter the name of the application followed by Space and %f. For example, to open the file in Smultron, enter smultron %f.
To further define how to open the file in the external editor, you can use the following variables separated by a space:
- Current line number %l
- Current column number %c
- Editor's x position on the screen %x
- Editor's y position on the screen %y
- Editor's width in pixels %w
- Editor's height in pixels %h
- Editor's width in characters %W
- Editor's height in characters %H
- To pass % symbol to the editor %%
Note: Not all variables work with all editors.
[Previous: Using FakeVim Mode]
[Next: Developing Application UI]