This section lists known issues in Qt Creator version 2.0.0. The development team is aware of them, and therefore, you do not need to report them as bugs.
For a list of fixed issues and added features, see the changelog file in the qtcreator
\dist folder or the Qt Bug Tracker.
- Qt Creator uses SQLite for storing some of its settings. SQLite is known to have problems with certain NFS servers (most notably the nfs-user-server 2.2beta), since they can lock up the application when it tries to lock the database. If your home directory is on an NFS share and you encounter this issue, one option would be to switch to the nfs-kernel-server, or create a symlink so that the settings are stored locally.
- Code completion does not support typedefs for nested classes.
- Paths or file names containing spaces or special characters, e.g., colons, dollar signs, hash marks etc. may cause problems. This is because some of the tools Qt Creator uses in the background have restrictions on the characters allowed in file and directory names. To be on the safe side, we recommend creating projects and project items with names consisting of plain characters, numbers, underscores, and hyphens.
- There is no IDE support for adding/removing sub-projects. Project hierarchies (SUBDIRS template) have to be created manually.
- Creating new CMake projects with Qt Creator is not supported.
- Building and packaging sub-projects is not supported for Maemo devices.
- You must create projects for Maemo targets on the same partition where you installed Nokia Qt SDK, Qt Creator, and MADDE.
- When debugging executables created by the GNU Compiler version 4.5.0 (all platforms), some data types will not be displayed in the Locals and Watchers view due to missing debug information.
- On Windows, debugging a MinGW-built console application (with Run in terminal checked) using gdb does not work due to a bug in gdb related to attaching to stopped processes (see http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-1020).
- Gdb on Windows may not work if the 'Embassy ® Security Center' software by 'Wave ® Systems' is installed and active (causing crashes in vxvault.dll)).
- Gdb may take long to load debugging symbols, especially from large libraries like libQtWebKit. Starting the debugging module can take up to several minutes without visible progress.
- Setting breakpoints in code that is compiled into the binary more than once does not work.
- Setting breakpoints in files that do not have unique absolute paths may fail. For example, remounting parts of a file system using the --bind mount option.